Bezeq – The Israel Telecommunication Corp. Ltd.
Established in 1984, Bezeq is Israel’s largest telecommunications services provider. Bezeq and its subsidiaries offer a full range of telecommunications services including, among others, domestic, international and cellular phone services; broadband Internet and other data communications services; multi-channel television; leased lines, corporate networks and more.
Infrastructure: Bezeq’s technological infrastructure is comprised of a fully digitalized network, 2.6 million access lines and over 20,000 km of fiber optic lines. Bezeq has deployed a network for broadband ADSL (Asymmetric Digital Subscriber Loop) and other services, over 500 kilometers of DWDM (Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing) rings, and has introduced an IP network for the provision of IP-VPN (Internet Protocol – Virtual Private Network) services.
Bezeq is currently transforming its existing PSTN network into an all-IP Next Generation Network (NGN). This strategic process is expected to generate significant performance gains in terms of increased ARPUs and decreased operating expenses. In addition, the transition to NGN will enable the company to offer a broader range of differentiated services, leading to higher customer satisfaction and retention.
As of early May 2010, approximately 25%, (approximately 580,000 subscribers), of all Israeli households had been connected to the NGN network.
Key Subsidiaries (Bezeq Ownership)
- Pelephone Communications Ltd. (100%): One of Israel’s leading cellular phone operators with over 2.6 million subscribers.
- Bezeq International Ltd. (100%): Israel’s leading Internet services provider. Bezeq International also manages the Bezeq Group’s international telecommunications services and owns approximately 34% of Walla, a leading Israeli Internet portal.
- YES (49.8%): Israel’s only provider of multi-channel television which broadcasts via satellite. YES has over 560,000 subscribers.
- Bezeq On-Line Ltd. (100%): Provides call-center services.
Bezeq’s Primary Growth Strategies:
- Evolving from an infrastructure-oriented incumbent to a customer-centric services provider
- Introducing innovative products and services tailored to the needs of increasingly converged communications and media markets
- Positioning Pelephone as a leader in advanced mobile communications in Israel
- Leveraging HSPA (High Speed Packet Access) network success for market share and profitability gain
- Enhancing profitability by improving efficiencies and reducing costs across the Group
- Leveraging advanced NGN (Next Generation Network), HSPA infrastructure to reduce maintenance, capital expenditures (CAPEX) and operating expenditures (OPEX)
- Combining advanced communications platforms with comprehensive presence in the telecom markets to continue delivering superior returns to shareholders